Welcome, New Friends!
Please take comfort in knowing that body kneads is a SAFE SPACE. We welcome and support anyone who enters our space, regardless of sex, race, age, gender identity, size, religious affiliation, sexual orientation, or ability (etc.). Welcome, all! :)
If you are new to the practice of yoga, here is some info that may be of use to you:
WHEN TO COME
- We recommend that students arrive at least 10 minutes before class to set up and relax. We open the studio approximately 15-30 minutes prior to each class. If you are new, make sure you give yourself enough time to fill out our new student form, if you haven't signed up online.
- ALWAYS check in at the front desk in our boutique beforehand, please, regardless of signing up in advance or not.
- DON'T SWEAT IT! Check-in is available until around 5-10 minutes after the start of class. You can always pop in late.
- If you have any injuries or limitations, please be sure to arrive early so you can discuss your needs with your instructor; this allows us to provide you with a safer, more supportive class experience.
New clients are required to fill out basic info and sign a waiver prior to taking their first class. If you would like to save yourself a few extra minutes at check in, click HERE to create an account online. You don't have to purchase or sign up for class this way (but you can!), it simply enters your name and info into our system and you will be able to "sign" our waiver form this way.
WHAT TO BRING
- Please bring a small towel (for sweat), water, and your mat to class. If you need, we offer mats for rent for $1 and water bottles to purchase, along with a water fountain. We also sell towels, mats, and lots of other yogi gear and clothing in our boutique!
- We provide blocks, blankets, and other props for free during class
WHAT TO WEAR
- The all-important question! We suggest fitted clothing that enables you to move freely.
- Shower and locker room facilities are available for student use.
- Need a new yoga wardrobe? Check out the body kneads boutique! We offer funky, fun, and functional styles for men and women from conscious companies like Hard Tail, OmGirl, be present, I Am Beyond, and more.
- *PLEASE REFRAIN FROM WEARING PERFUME/COLOGNE & STRONG SMELLING LOTIONS/SCENTS AS SOME STUDENTS ARE VERY SENSITIVE TO THE SMELLS, THANKS!
HEATED AND NON-HEATED CLASSES
- We offer two spaces for practice: The Rasa Room and the Shanti Room. You can ask which room your class is in when you check in.
- We know that the heat isn't for everyone. Some of our classes are heated to approximately 85 degrees, some are gently heated around 70, and some aren't heated. Our heaters are typically not used during the hot summer months (but class can still get sweaty!).
- Some teachers will use a fan or mild A/C during the summer. Please check our schedule to see if your class will be heated, or give us a call/email us if you have any further questions regarding the temperature.